Perfect Photos Aren't Perfect. Or Necessary!

At the far end of the throngs of mermaids at the 2011 Coney Island Mermaid Parade was a group of friends dressed in red ensembles. What I loved about this group of young folks is that they seemed to be having an awesome time, and they didn't give a rat's butt about the fact that they weren't really mermaids at all.

What I love about these images is that they're not perfect. Blown out, very contrasty... I threw a filter on them and I love it. Why? Because it shows their emotion more than the costume or the background or the perfection of rest of the half-naked people at the parade.

I love this group of mermaids and this photo. It's one of my favs from the Mermaid Parade.

Thanks for the real emotion girls! Rock on!

Adrienne

Comments

Jacki said…
Hey Adrienne! I am the mermaid on the right and I really appreciate your care with the image and your commentary! Thanks so much for enjoying the energy we were throwing at you!
Jacki Lacey
Twitter + Facebook + Tumblr = thevelvetday
jacklynlacey@gmail.com
Would you mind sending me the picture in whatever size/resolution deal you have? Thanks!
I love this photo! It's one of my favs! I'll email you directly :)
Jacki - here's a link to get prints, prints on canvas and other items with that image:
http://bit.ly/nng9Dd
I'll email you directly still. Thanks for posting!
Adrienne

Popular posts from this blog

Voodoo Jungle Band

In the Mulberry Mulch