Goodbye to the Long Island Photography Meetup

Hi folks,

My time as the head of our group is drawing to a close, so I wanted to write one last email as organizer.

I want to thank Roni for the rock you’ve been for the last few years. Thanks for all the laughs, knowledge and support! Thanks to the members who have helped organize events, posted images, posted messages on the boards, voted in polls, contributed to the group... With out you all doing that – and so much more – this group wouldn’t be where it is now. Thank you!

This group started with five people: Arnie, Pete, Roy, Roni and myself. I had told my husband at the time as I left for that first Meetup at the local Starbucks, “I guess the worst that could happen is no one shows up and I come home.” ... Well, after four and a half years and over 350 members and some crazy events ... I’m finally “heading home.”

Our group is now an astounding array of novice to professional photographers who are the most giving people on this planet. I’ve learned more about lenses, equipment, and marketing that I ever did in any formal educational setting. I’ve seen members join and leave, and each member seems to have gotten better with each upload.

I wish to you, Roni, and all of you, the greatest luck with the group. It’s a venerable well-spring of information that I don’t think could be gotten from any other one location, anywhere.

And with that, I’d like to give you a song that popped into my head as I started thinking about writing an email to everyone. I’ll see you at a Meetup soon.

~ Adrienne biggrin

"Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" - Green Day

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voodoo Jungle Band

In the Mulberry Mulch