Eyes on You

Eyes on You by PhotoGraphicGirl
Funny things can happen when you attempt to go pro. I've started shooting more on the weekends, whether paid or not paid, I'm trying to be as professional as possible.

Upon arriving at a client's home, I toured the residence to survey the lighting, then revisited my car to get equipment. I brought everything into their house and began shooting. Fairly soon into the shoot I decided it would be best to set up my lights... Now if only I BROUGHT them. I had my umbrellas, my stands, reflector, boom arm, dimmer, light meter... You'd think I'd actually remember to bring the lights. And the beauty of it is that the clients were stellar.

"We're so sorry our house is so dark!"

I wanted to hug them. Where else could you find clients who apologize for the low lighting in their house when in actuality it was my fault that I forgot one of the most necessary items to photograph portraits? And so taking it as a lesson, I continued the shoot by incorporating everything I knew to compensate for my blondness.

Ok... not so bad. But I'm pretty certain I'll remember those lights next time!

Eyes on You, a photo by PhotoGraphicGirl on Flickr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voodoo Jungle Band

In the Mulberry Mulch