Miss & Mini

Miss & Mini by PhotoGraphicGirl
Miss & Mini, a photo by PhotoGraphicGirl on Flickr.

I'll admit there are times when I just don't feel like photographing clients. This wasn't one of those times. When a client shows enthusiasm from the very beginning, is excited about the location, what they're going to wear, talks about their children, follows up with me quickly... you know it's going to be a great shoot. These two girls posed wonderfully before I could even get my entire statement out. Most of the time I would end-up saying things like, "Yes! That's it!" And now I know why photographers shout enthusiastic statements to models, we're just so excited about how well the shoot is going and how great we think the final images will be.

This shoot was taken right after Hurricane Sandy on Long Island, New York. We were going to photograph the girls at Argyle Park in Babylon, but the water still hadn't left the park, and everything was in disarray. So we went to Avalon Park in Stony Brook. Avalon Park is located across a small side street from the Grist Mill, another of Long Island photographers' favorite locations. The girls, their mom and I strolled up the small path to the circular monument at the top of the hill, shooting the whole time. It was well worth the trip. Behind us on the road was a line of cars - folks still waiting for hours for gas. Hurricane Sandy had caused a gas shortage and most people were still panicked from the lack of petroleum.

I'm glad that this particular mom still had the courage to come out. Her daughters and the shots were awesome, and well worth the trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voodoo Jungle Band

In the Mulberry Mulch