Back to School Photography: My Son

I've been graced with seeing multiple sides of my son's personality, from serious nine-year-old businessman to a jokester who just wants to make his mom laugh.

At the beginning of his third-grade career, I told my son I wanted to photograph him on his first day of school. After torturing me with the informal tie and a baseball cap, he explained that he would be wearing his tie on day two instead of day one.

I very lightly tried to bribe him into wearing a more formal outfit for his first day-which he's usually very excited about. Video games? Later bedtime? No. He wasn't having any of it. He stayed with the hat that he loved from his favorite babysitter, and the tie-dye shirt that we had purchased on our cruise vacation.

I do remember he did indeed wear his tie and collared shirt on the second day of school. But without this photo I may not have remembered the entire scenario. If your children are young, capture these moments now. Because the feeling from a conversation may only be embodied in a moment if you make that effort to keep it. Once the moment is gone, it's gone forever.

This was the look my son gave me when I was trying to bribe him. And while I have formal photos of him from years before, this is the one that I enjoy the most - this one, on his first day of third grade.

#myLove #firstDayOfSchool #schoolPhotos #schoolportraits #FirstDayPhotographer #Children

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voodoo Jungle Band

In the Mulberry Mulch